A rock group from Glasgow, The Calm Fiasco are a slick, indie-rock proposition with a ton of potential. Currently streaming ‘She Said’ as a preview for the raucous full EP, you can get to know more in our interview below:
Where and when did you first discover your interest in music?
- We’ve all had interest in music from an early age. We would grow up listening to the music our parents liked (Beatles etc) and we would discover new bands/artists through speaking to others. Music has always been a big part of our lives.
What are your main ambitions in the industry?
- We want to play at the biggest stage. We want to make this our day jobs & we’re not scared to admit it.
When did you start writing your own songs/music?
- We started off playing covers as a hobby & from there we eventually started writing our own stuff. Whether it was good or not is another matter but you need to start somewhere. The new material we have coming out is our best yet.
What would you say is your music career highlight to date?
- It’s got to be headlining & selling out King tuts twice. The last time we did it, it snowed heavily. Everybody still made it & what a special night it was for us. To see your fans going crazy and singing every lyric back is an amazing feeling.
Who will we hear in your songs? What are your influences?
- We all have our own input into the songs we make. We vary in our tastes & we feel that shows in the final product. We never aim to sound like anyone it’s a DIY process in the studio & we truly believe there’s not a band like us out there.
What’s the most important thing you’d want to tell people about your current release?
- It’s about going out, getting drunk & regretting it all the next day – only joking. This song is probably the darkest we’ve ever made. We’ve done the jangly guitars & happy singalongs – this is it’s evil cousin. Expect the unexpected.
Who else can you recommend from your genre or local area for people to have a listen to?
- There are a few great bands kicking about Glasgow at the moment but the ones we dig are Bad Mannequins, Kvasir, Crash Club and Vigo Thieves.
Any gigs coming up?
- We’ve got a few things lined up but were sworn to secrecy at the moment. All in good time
Where can we find/follow you online?
SPOTIFY The Calm Fiasco