from their album, Violent, which was released earlier this year receiving praise from the likes of Drowned In Sound and The Line Of Best Fit.
The Canadian three piece recorded the album via a live stream on their website throughout October, where fans could watch the band eat, breathe and sleep the writing and recording process.
The album is out this week, and features the track below, ‘Keep on Dancing’
- Where and when did you first discover your interest in music?
My dad bought a Rhodes when I was 12 and let me play it, after that I couldn’t look back.
- What are your main ambitions in the industry?
To make good music. Seems simple, right?
- When did you start writing your own songs/music?
We started writing together during school, at around 15.
- What would you say is your music career highlight to date?
Many great mometns. Playing FUSION Festival outside of Berlin, to name one highlight.
- Who will we hear in your songs? What are your influences?
Perhaps classical influences will be obvious. As well, Radiohead, Mew, Deerhoof, Death Grips and Bjork.
- What’s the most important thing you’d want to tell people about your current release?
Almost everything in the recordings is improvised on the spot. Including vocals and lyrics.
- Who else can you recommend from your genre or local area for people to have a listen to?
Royal Canoe, from Winnipeg in Canada.
- Any gigs coming up?
We have an American tour in November. It will last about a month.
- Where can we find/follow you online?