We’re taking a look back at some iconic Music Moments that have been captured over the years. From unlikely duo’s to vintage selfies and photobombing, we’ve got it all.
(1) Opening ceremony at Woodstock with Swami Satchidananda giving the opening speech, 1969.
He started the speech by saying ‘My Beloved Brothers and Sisters. I am overwhelmed with joy to see the entire youth of America gathered here in the name of the fine art of music. In fact, through the music, we can work wonders.’
(Photograph by Mark Goff)
(2) Nirvana in the pool during the ‘Nevermind’ photoshoot, 1991.
(Photograph by Kirk Weddle)
(3) Jimi Hendrix in his London flat for The Sunday Times, August 1967.
(Photograph by Terence Donovan)
(4) Paul McCartney and Mick Jagger on a train, from Euston Station to Bangor in 1967.
(Photograph by Victor Blackman/Getty Images)
(5) Freddie Mercury riding Darth Vader.
(Photograph by Tom Callins)
During Queens 1979 and 1980’a shows, front-man Freddie Mercury would appear on stage while sitting on the shoulders of someone dressed as either Darth Vader or Superman.