Having a website dedicated to you as an artist is a MUST have when promoting and distributing your music. Your website will be one of the main things behind your sales and increasing your fan base, but how can you afford to create one on a small budget?
The websites below are great for creating your own website with a professional look, oh….and they’re free!
Weebly allows you to create your website using free building tools and also gives you the paid option that gives you a wider variety to chose from. Their free features include:
- Drag & Drop Builder.
- 500MB of Storage.
- Lead Capture.
- Search Engine Optimisation.
- Chat & Email Support.
- Community Forum Access.
‘Create a beautiful website with the #1 free website builder’. WebStarts offers a variety of features including:
- Automatic Domain Setup that works in less than a minute.
- Being able to instantly sell products and accept card payments on your website.
- More than 700 font styles to choose from .
- Search Engine Optimization; make sure you’re found through different search engines.
- Offers free video hosting where your videos you can share and upload videos to your website.
FourFour is aimed at bands and artists so your site will already be structured to promote your music from the get-to. With both free and paid options to choose from, take a look at the free features below:
- Artist Data Support.
- CCS Editor.
- Professional Layout.
- Domain Name.
- Content Management .
- Web Hosting.
- Online Advertising, Advertising and Buy Links.
- Colours, Font & Background.
- Mailing List Management .
Wix is sufficient for anyone wanting to build their own website for any profession ‘Over 100 million people in 180 countries choose Wix‘. Their features include:
- Designer-made templates.
- Drag & Drop.
- Mobile optimized.
- Large collection of images.
- 24 hour support seven days a week.
- Innovative plugin-ins and add ons.
Music Glue is another website building platform that is aimed at musicians, labels, promoters and merchandisers. The platform allows aritsts to create themselves a website that is easy to use and sell their merch, tickets and music. Features include:
- Free set up with no monthly fees (10% commission on sales e.g. tickets, merch and digital merch).
- Allows you to sell tickets, merchandise, music and more.
- Accessible to 25 different languages and currencies.
- Embed/tweet/share products and purchases across socials.
Users can create a website via Emyspot with features similar to WebStarts, however their main focus is on building e-commerce sites where artists can sell music and merch alongside being able to examine any sales statistics. Free features include:
- Free hosting.
- Help when you need it.
- Design themes.
- Unlimited blog posting.
- Unlimited page creation.
(Feature Image – Pexels)