Below are some general music tips to use when promoting your music, some you may already be doing and some you may have never heard of! Take a look at the tips below to see what you can do to get the most out of promoting your music.
(1) Build relationships with people that can have a positive impact on your music, such as getting a larger audience of people that can see it. Don’t waste valuable time just connecting with people on sites like LinkedIn and Twitter.
(2) Promote your music everyday no matter how big or small it is!
(3) Remember to promote your music online AND offline. You want your music to be seen so make sure everyone sees it. Not everyone is in touch with technology so use other ways to promote your music to these peoples, posters and flyers are good for this.
(4) Word of mouth promotion is free and you can do it on anyone. If you’re speaking to someone who’s in the the music industry or another artists, drop in that your album is due for release and where they can find it.
(5) Make sure you aim your promotion towards people that are interested in your music, if they’re not interested it is a waste of time.
(6) Look into effective ways to promote your music so you get an idea of what may work best for you.
(7) Keep track on how much of an impact the strategies you have chosen are having on people and your career. If one method isn’t working after a couple of months try a different alternative.
(8) Make sure that you’re on platforms that link to your genre. If you’re promoting your music that people have no interest in it’s bound to be unproductive.
(9) You have to spend money to make money. Don’t try to skimp when promoting your music, you want ads and posts to look good! Just remember to pay for things you know you will use when promoting your music.
(10) Freebies can be great in drawing people in but remember you want your music to sell and not be left out of pocket at the end of your promotion.
(11) Branding can be everything when promoting your music so make sure your branding is clear so people will be attracted to it.
(12) Rave and hype about your music to get people’s attention, you need to sell your music to people so they want to listen to it. But make sure it is good when people to listen to it so they aren;t letdown.
(Feature Image – Pixabay)